Monday, August 30, 2010

Teen Survey: Anders

There's nothing like discussing a good book at 7 in the morning with an awesome co-worker. Meet Anders, who is probably either reading or going on a sunrise run as I type this. We've been recommending books to each other all summer and we've had lengthy discussions about titles such as I'll Get There. It Better Be Worth the Trip. by John Donovan and Boy Meets Boy by David Levithan. After exchanging half a dozen books with Anders, I asked him if he wanted to fill out the teen survey for GuysLitWire. He said sure, and so I now give the floor to him.

Name: Anders

Age: 15

Books recently read for fun: Hero; Will Grayson, Will Grayson; Looking for Alaska; Lord of the Flies

Books recently read for school: Frankenstein; Beowulf; Dorian Gray

Books in your to-read pile: The Boy in the Striped Pajamas; Watchers (I seldom have many books to read)

Favorite authors: I have none - a story is a story no matter who the author is. It's the story that captures me and pulls me in, and I really don't pay attention to who wrote it up (maybe I should?).

Favorite books: Loamhedge; Brave New World; The Tao of Pooh; Hero; The Hobbit; THE ALCHEMIST!!!!!!!!!!

Favorite genres: The good ones. I'll pick up anything that is fun to read.

Why do you like to read? I'm not sure. Because... I find it entertaining? I enjoy reading someone's story and making my own speculations.

Favorite movies: Inception; Ratatouille; Wall-E; Laputa: Castle in the Sky

Favorite musicians/singers/types of music: Cash Cash; The Script; Vampire Weekend; Ingrid Michaelson; Boys Like Girls; (Alternative); (recently) Two Door Cinema Club

Do you listen to music (or TV) while you read? No. I find it distracting unless it's a school book that I HAVE to read and it's really boring (like The Bridge of San Luis Rey). Sometimes the assigned books are so bad that I lose concentration if I DON'T have music on.

Do you finish every book you start? Almost always. If I start a book, I feel uneasy not finishing it. I might take a week break, but eventually I've gotta finish.

No comments :